This Policy (the “Policy”) explains the way of treatment of the information which is provided or collected in the web sites on which this Policy is posted. In addition, the Policy also explains the information which is provided or collected in the course of using the applications of BLOCKO (“the Company”) which exist in the websites or platforms of other company.
The Company is the controller of the information provided or collected in the websites on which this Policy is posted and in the course of using the applications of the Company which exist in the websites or platforms of other company.
Through this Policy, the Company regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of Company’s using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the Company for protection of those personal information.
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
The Company uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Member management and identification
- To detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
- Performance of contract, service fee payment and service fee settlement regarding provision of services demanded by the users
- Improvement of existing services and development of new services
- Making notice of function of company sites or applications or matters on policy change
- To help you connect with other users you already know and, with your permission, allow other users to connect with you
- To make statistics on member’s service usage, to provide services and place advertisements based on statistical characteristics
- To provide information on promotional events as well as opportunity to participate
- To comply with applicable laws or legal obligation
- Use of information with prior consent of the users (for example, utilization of marketing advertisement
The Company agrees that it will obtain a consent from the users, if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
2. Use of collected information
The Company may collect the information directly provided by the users. The information may include:
- User ID, name, email address, password, phone number, address, job information, nationality, user requests, purchase log, cookies, index numbers and generation numbers generated by log analyzing program
The Company may collect collective and impersonal information through ‘cookies’ or ‘web beacons’. Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the users’ computer. Web beacon is a small quantity of code which exists on the websites and e-mails. By using web beacons, we may know whether an user has interacted with certain webs or the contents of email. These functions are used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users’ experiences so that much improved services can be provided by the Company to the users.
3. Period for retention and use of personal information
In principle, the Company destructs personal information of users without delay when: the purpose of its collection and use has been achieved; the legal or management needs are satisfied; or users request: Provided that, if it is required to retain the information by relevant laws and regulations, the Company will retain member information for certain period as designated by relevant laws and regulations. The information to be retained as required by relevant laws and regulations are as follows:
- Record regarding contract or withdrawal of subscription: 5 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce )
- Record on payment and supply of goods: 5 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce )
- Record on consumer complaint or dispute treatment: 3 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce )
- Record on sign/advertisement: 6 months(The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce )
- Log record of users such as internet/data detecting the place of user connection: 3 months(The Protection of Communications Secrets Act )
- Other data for checking communication facts: 12 months (The Protection of Communications Secrets Act )
4. User’s right
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following rights regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the Company:
- exercise right to access to personal information;
- make corrections or deletion;
- make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
- request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above rights, you, as an user, contact the Company by sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the company(or person in charge of management of personal information or a deputy), the Company will take measures without delay: Provided that the Company may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
5. Procedure and method of destruction of personal information
In principle, the Company destructs the information immediately after the purposes of its collection and use have been achieved without delay: Provided that, if any information is to be retained as required by relevant laws and regulations, the Company retain it for the period as required by those laws and regulations before destruction and, in such event, the personal information which is stored and managed separately will never be used for other purposes. The Company destructs: hard copies of personal information by shredding with a pulverizer or incinerating it; and delete personal information stored in the form of electric file by using technological method making that information not restored.
The Company regard the security of personal information of uses as very important. The company constructs the following security measures to protect the users’ personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
- Encryption of personal information
- Transmit users’ personal information by using encrypted communication zone
- Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
- Countermeasures against hacking
- Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users’ personal information by hacking or computer virus
- Establish and execute internal management plan
- Install and operate access control system
- Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
7. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
The Company has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website.
8. History of Notification
This Policy will be effective on the August 19th, 2019
Notification Date: August 1st, 2019